The best puppy training treats for your puppy are the ones that are safe puppy treats for training, and the healthiest puppy training treats to help you get your puppy well trained and forming that incredible bond between the two of you as desired.
But which is the best puppy training treats to use? What should you consider safe puppy treats for training that won’t cause your puppy to get sick?
How do you maintain healthy puppy training treats and the recommended daily allowance of treats to avoid unnecessary weight gain in your pup?
Our best puppy training treats reviews aim to help our puppy and dog owners choose the best puppy treats for training.
Below, you can read through the list of the pros and cons of each product.
Go through these to compare the products to decide which treats are best for your puppy.
Best Puppy Training Treats – Reviews & Buying guide for 2021
Our guide takes you through the diverse types of best treats for puppy training that you can purchase and how to determine which are the best training treats for your puppy.
You will also discover the best treats for potty training puppies and the best soft treats for puppy training.
Best Overall: Zuke’s Mini Naturals
- Type: Mini treats
- Flavor: Chicken
- Size: 6 oz
- Age: All stages
Indulge yourself in our top listed product and spoil your puppy to Zuke’s Mini Naturals Training Dog Treats.
Considerably the best treats to use for puppy training!
This brand produces healthily designed bite-sized treats packed with all the vitamins and minerals your dog needs. These treats come in an easy-to-seal bag for your convenience and are the best puppy treats for training.
Your puppy is guaranteed to fall in love with them. No added corn, wheat, or soy.
The Mini Naturals are highly recommended, plus they have received an outstanding review from most if not all their customers.
With confidence, one can say that Zuke’s Mini Naturals Training Dog Treats are the best treats for training a puppy.
- Vets recommend this product for dogs of all ages and is an appropriate bite-size for your animal.
- Scent, flavor, ingredients, and freshness are exceptional and highly rated.
- Extremely healthy puppy training treats for optimal results.
- Low in calories so that you reward your puppy with the best nutrition and keep that unnecessary weight off at the same time.
- Wholesome, real chicken is the number one ingredientused in this product.
- Some customers sharing their personal experiences have said that these Mini Naturals help a lot with their fussy dogs. So, if you are one of those owners battling with a picky eater or a doggy that is stubborn to train, you may have found the solution to your problems already.
- Some customers have unfortunately experienced sharp and hard objects found in the packaging.
- It has been reported that this product can cause diarrhea in your animal. Most dogs and puppies differ, and their tummies reacted to foods and treats differently. Try to experiment with the assorted treats to find out what flavor suits your pup best.
- Mistakably old stock has been delivered to some customers when placing online orders. Sometimes mold is found in the packaging. Always make sure of the expiry date to avoid feeding old food to your pet and attempt to return the product to the supplier for a refund.
- Naturally, some dogs are just fussy and may not like the brand.
Overall, a meager percentage of customers have reported the issues mentioned above.
Note: Remember to check your items and report any potential problems thoroughly. Companies appreciate customer feedback and are always open to a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Zuke’s has proven to be exceptionally accommodating with this issue. Should their customers experience any unforeseen problems, they have a reputation to uphold, so they will make a concerted effort to rectify a situation.
Runner up: Blue Buffalo Bits
- Type: Semi-Moist
- Flavor: Chicken
- Size: 4-ounce bag
- Age: All stages
They are frequently regarded as the best soft treats for puppy training!Blue Buffalo BLUE bits also come in highly recommended with an overall high review score from quite a few of their customers on Amazon.
These treats are great, especially if your puppy is quite fussy and seems to prefer meaty treats.For more accessible and convenient feeding, Blue Buffalo BLUE bits arethe best puppy training treats for you and your pup.
They are meaty, soft, moist, chewy treats for your dog, and they make feeding easy. As chicken is the primary ingredient in these treats, the appealing aroma will help to get your pup trained up in no time.
Plus, your dog will love receiving them as rewards for their exemplary behavior!
- Wholesome ingredients are used, which makes this product extremely healthy.
- Real chicken is always a welcome ingredient in quality pet food.
- The product is natural and does not contain any corn, wheat, or soy products.
- Blue bits are also free from other preservatives such as propylene glycol and red dye 40.
- Packaging includes “Blue Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats Chicken Recipe.”
- It contains DHA to aid cognitive development in your dog.
- Scent, flavor, ingredients, and freshness are allhigh quality, and a lot of their customers have highly rated these bits.
- A few customers have discovered that Blue bits contain cane sugar, which made their dogs extremely hyper and naughty.
- Some dogs may be allergic to the product. Cases of dogs vomiting and/or experiencing diarrhea have been reported.
- Blue bits have experienced a product recall for led. Please always check your packaging and product after purchasing.
Very few customers noticed the cons, which are far less than the pros, suggesting that this popular product has more benefits than disadvantages.
Again, it is always important to check the product and packaging properly after purchasing your puppy treats and report any damage.
Also, ensure that you check to see ifany of the ingredients are allergens. If the product contains allergens, look for a different product that doesn’t contain allergens if your pet is susceptible.
Alternative: Crazy Dog Train Me
- Type: Regular
- Flavor: Bacon
- Size: one pound bag
- Age: All life stages
Crazy Dog Train-Me! is a treat created as an uncomplicated way to train and reward your dog.
They are savory bites that professionals recommend as the best treats to use for puppy training and the best treats for potty training puppy to motivate your dog to speed up the learning curve.
Puppies are highly inspired by food, as are many adult dogs, which is why trainers advise giving your puppy these rewards to encourage new behaviors.
- Great for rewarding your dog.
- Attracts and stimulates your dog positively.
- Meat is their number 1 ingredient making the product wholesome and healthy.
- Low in fat and calories.
- Contains no BHA, BHT, or Ethoxyquin.
- Scent, flavor, and value for money are well rated.
- A lot of customers have shared their positive experiences with this product. It keeps very well, up to several days, without being stored in a sealed container as appose to other bites that usually dry out.
- Some customers are convinced that Crazy Dog Train-Me! Bites are the best treats fortraining a puppy. This perception could very well be because Crazy Dog Train-Me! was initially created for that very purpose. It is designed to focus on rewarding your pup for the training that he/she is going through.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Crazy Dog Train Me! bites are primarily created to motivate and reward your dog during training;therefore, this treat will not be filling for your dog.
- Significant allergies reported: diarrhea, rashes, hair loss, vomiting.
- Customers report that treat sizes vary in size resulting in a higher calorie intake than advertised.
Fortunately, not many customers have made negative comments about this product. Although many pet owners praise this product, some customers have expressed their concern that Crazy Dog Train-Me!
Treats are moist treats. This moisture makes these treats a bit challenging to carry around for on-the-go rewards.
Alternative: Zuke’s Puppy Naturals
- Type: Gluten-free
- Flavor: Salmon
- Size: 4.96-ounce bag
- Age: Puppy
Puppy and dog owners note that the Zuke’s brand is quite a popular product for their pets and training. The manufacturers specifically develop products like this to support your puppy along its training adventure.
These tasty treats are also rich in salmon, assisting your puppy in developing a healthy brain on its way to effective socialization.
Although this specific Zuke’s product may not be as highly rated by customers, it still serves as a delicious treat for your pup and could be used as an alternative to your usual brand.
It is always fun and exciting for your doggy to choose between various treats. Additionally, it will undoubtedly build anticipation in your pet as it wonders which treat it will receive next for good behavior.
- Fresh salmon is a premium ingredient in this brand, which means these treats are richly packed with OMEGA 3.
- High DHA and EPA levels support robust and healthy brain development.
- The ingredient quality for these puppy naturals is highly rated by their customers.
- Soft, tender, nutrient-enriched treats.
- Grain and gluten-free.
- Scent, flavor, and value for money are average, with few distinctive features to set this product apart from competitors. The strong salmon smell is not very impressive, seemingly both for the owner and pup.
- Some customers have raised the concern that these treats are not as tender as intended. Puppies may either spit the treat back or find it hard to chew.
- Several customers report allergic reactions such as diarrhea and/or vomiting. Then again, all puppies vary, and it all boils down to trial and error.
- It isprobably wise to always consult your local vet or vet shop for advice before purchasing any food brand for your puppy.
Roughly 12% of customers who bought this product were dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction does not necessarily mean that one customer’s unpleasant experience needs to influence the purchasing decisions of other customers.
Always keep in mind that puppies are just like babies. Manufacturers should consider phasing in different food types and textures for assessment to see how it affects puppies.
Someflavors may result in diarrhea or vomiting, but the next flavor could be a major problem solver.
It is all trial and error, so please do not stress as all products undergo a thorough evaluation and no defects are sold on purpose.
Alternative: HIPPIH Dog Toys
- Type: Interactive toy
- Size: Various
- Age: All life stages
- Color: Green and yellow
Wow! Use your best treats puppy training treats in this HIPPIH dog toy dispenser. These sturdy silicone chew balls serve a great deal of purpose, enticing many pet owners to try something new.
From just playing around to effectively stimulating the brain, your puppy will readily take to this toy and find amazing treats as he/she chews along.
- 100% non-toxic and acts as a teeth cleaner and breath freshener, too, with its mint-flavored silicone.
- Effectively the best treats puppy training treats holder created for your pet to be mesmerized for a significant amount of time.
- Flexible and durable.
- Stimulates puppy’s IQ, interest, and appetite. With these toys‘ built-in baffles, food cannot easily fall out of the ball. So not only does the smell of the treats inside attract your puppy, but it also entices the appetite. The pup also exercises its IQ as it tries to figure out a way to get those yummy treats out.
- Distracts your puppy from boredom.
- Sturdiness is most highly rated.
- Some customers are not convinced of the non-toxicity as they have mentioned the rubber smelling awful to the point where their pets did not want to go near the toy.
- Other customers’ experiences were that the toy just did not do it for their dogs.
This product did not convince roughly 23% of customers.The fact remainsthat all pups and dogs differ from personality to personality.
Whether it comes to treats, food, or toys, your pet is also an individual with its own mindset. Therefore, reasonably enough, your pet will find this toy intriguing, or it won’t.
Puppy Training Treats FAQ
Searching for the best puppy training treats can inevitably become rather challenging.
Taking into consideration the many other customer experiences and opinions, you find yourself wondering, “what do I consider to be the best buy for my pup?”
Hopefully, these guidelines can give you more clarity and put those lingering questions to rest.
What are the healthiest treats for puppies?
The best training treats for a puppywould be treats that are soft for easy chewing and strong-smelling for effectively attracting your puppy.
These aids as a great motivator, especially to those stubborn pups that you just can’t seem to get to do what you would like them to.
Also, more importantly, aim for doggy treats that are low fat and low in calories with no added preservatives because an unhealthy, overweight puppy is not what you want to end up with in the long term.
Tried and tested by one of our professional dog trainers, here are eight treats that it personally recommends as the best.
Top eighthealthy puppy training treats:
- Redbarns Natural Premium Dog Food Roll
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals
- Fresh meat or cheese
- Wellness soft puppy bites
- Fruitables Skinny Mini’s
- Natural Balance Mini Rewards
- Gerber’s Baby Food
- Your dog’s daily kibble
Take into consideration that these treats have been personally hand-picked as the healthiest and most effective. As dogs’ behavioral patterns vary, so do their tastes and preferences.
So, if you are still feeling a little skeptical by the end of our guide, we strongly suggest that you bring your thoughts back to this point and take a closer look into these options.
Can 8-week-old puppies have treats?
Yes, of course, they can. Just keep in mind that treats given to puppies need to be safe and non-toxic, healthy, and low in calories.
Treat safety is to ensure that you do not compromise the health and wellbeing of your furry pet by mistake.
However, compared to adult dogs that are a lot bigger and can process a lot more at a time, you need to be more careful with puppies when giving treats to them.
An excess number of treats can lead to a puppy gaining unnecessary weight. This weight gain can lead to more severe health risks down the line.
It is wise to always consult your local vet before making any decisions regarding the foods and treats you give a young pup.
How many training treats a day should a puppy have?
Training and treats go hand in hand, and it is so easy for us to overindulge our puppies.
While some people give their pets treats to train them or reward them for good behavior, others use the treats to show their pets love or strengthen their bond.
Yet, on the contrary, you should hand out training treats to your puppy in a responsible manner. You should also follow the brand instructions for the number of goodies to give your puppy daily.
Note: overweight and obesity will negatively impact your dog’s life and longevity.
They develop and run a higher risk for multiple types of cancer, diabetes mellitus, heart disease, hypertension, and osteoarthritis. Affected joints will degenerate a lot faster than they should.
If your training treats are less than 3 to 5 calories each, then you may give your puppy more treats.
Remember that your puppy is growing, is full of energy, and needs fuel to support this period of intense growth and learning. Giving your pet a few extra treats is not the end of the world and will not be bad for its health.
The bottom line is there are no rules about how often you can dish treats out, so long as you limit your pets’ treats to 10% of their daily calories.
Always keep a close watch on your puppy’s feeding but equally, do not be afraid to spoil it on rare occasions. The chances are that your puppy is so energetic that it will burn those few extra calories in no time.
Should I entertain my puppy all the time?
The key to a healthy, well-balanced, and well-developed puppy is constructive training and play. Your pup is keen to learn and curious.
So, indulge your pet, and you will most likely end up with an extraordinarily well-behaved and happy companion.
A puppy requires the same amount of attention and upbringing as a child and deserves to receive rewards for good behavior. Always remember that your puppy sees you, their owner, as their guardian and parent.
Entertaining your puppy creates that baseline and exercise, opening you and your dog up to great possibilities.
I mean, who wouldn’t want “that perfect” pet that you can take out almost anywhere with both pride and confidence. But to “get some, you have to give some….yummy treats” to achieve these results.
The fact remains that puppies are just like babies and children. They need a lot of attention. Maybe not as much as what people may think, though, as puppies sleep up to 16 hours per day.
They are usually only awake and alert for a couple of hours during the day. Therefore, during this time, you should show your puppy all the attention that it needs.
Love, nurture, and care for your puppy before it reaches adulthood as this time goes by so quickly. Also, take this time as an opportunity to mix your puppy’s training with affection and learning.
We always want the best for our animals and make sure of their longevity.
Therefore, thebest puppy training treats that you could supply your dog with are the healthiest puppy training treatsof high quality and low calories.
High-quality food will eliminate elevated risk diseases later in your dog’s life and guarantee you a well-balanced, healthy, active dog.
When it comes to deciding which are the best puppy training treats, always review the ingredient label.
No matter the breed or size, a dog’s training is crucial. To maintain a well all rounded dog that you can rely on, training your puppy from the earliest stages of life is vital.
Happy training animal lovers!